What About Me?

My photo
A Small Town Country Boy Trying To Survive In Todays World

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some Wandering Thoughts

I have started this post with no idea where it will head. But have some wandering thoughts for you.

Remember when you read this that you are reading the thoughts of an average middle class American with a high school education who was born and raised as a small town boy.

As I have said before I read a lot of different Blogs, and other things on the internet that catch my eye at the time. Some things I have noticed is that no one believes that the stimulus plan is going to help, and you are finding more and more about self sustained living.

Now about the stimulus plan, I am still trying to read through all of it but I do not see where they believe the stimulus is going to happen. Most of it is in tax cuts that will go to the people that are not in need of it. If what I have read is true the average middle American will see around 15 dollars a month in tax cuts.

Ok now my question is who is hurting the most from our failing economy...the middle class. So once again they have passed right over he bread winners of our country.

Just for an example of who is really running our country let me take you back to the late 1980's. I had a small business at the time that we had to close down for various reasons but anyway we had to file double bankruptcy, one for the business and one personal. We were at the hearing and I thought it was all over, but the judge had one last question about a deal that had happened just before we closed down.

Ok the only people that would be interested in that deal would be the bank.
So I asked him who he worked for and he said the federal government. I then asked him why he was asking a question for the bank if he was working for the federal government and if they had wanted to know the answer why were they not present as they had been notified so they could ask their own questions. Well he got very red in the face and closed the hearing right there. So in my mind it shows that the banks were running things even back then.

So my thoughts are if the banks have been running things for this long and we are where we are then why not let them get out of it on their own. If they fail they fail. I'm sorry if that sounds evil on my part but because of them or who ever has done this I have failed period no fault of mine other than trying to live the great American dream. Ok enough of that.

Now a lot of my other readings were blogs on prepping. At first I read them because I got a big laugh off of some of them. They were not prepping for anything but a war...How many guns I've got , how many bullets I've got, stuff like that. But I have noticed a shift in them.

Now you read allot about prepping for food, water, shelter. More worst case scenario than who has the most guns. They are talking about canning food making your own soaps and how to save money period. It is amazing what you can do to save money in your home. Some of these people have put allot of time and energy into it. Some are even to the point of being self sustaining on very small parcels of land.

My grandmother was raise on a homestead where they had no electricity, no running water, no frills a bare bones life style so there is a wealth of information I'm going to start collecting. If you are interested in any of this go to Jims Blog as he has a bunch of sites on his blog that cover this information.

Well I'm gonna close now before I start a full on rant. Just remember...

It is what it is...

Rod

6 comments:

Lydia said...

the banks rule this country and many others. more accurately the federal reserve does.

But here is a funny :)

How the Stimulus Payments works
"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a
high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer it will go to India.

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

If you buy a car it will go to Japan.

If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan.

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

Rod said...

Good one Lydia
I had seen it but it sure does fit wih my little rant;)

Rod

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Does seem to be the best new green, don't it-- to be as self-sustaining as possible.

Why trade time for green paper, and that paper for food, when you can invest time directly in food?

Makes sense to me. But I only got $0.02...

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lydia-- I think i love You...

:D

Cygnus

Rod said...

Cygnus
How true it is..

Why do you always have to do that on my site for?

You do crack me up that's for sure you can just keep it up!

Rod

Lydia said...

Cygnus, we got to get to know each other first. ;)

ummm what did I do, you liked the joke?

:)
lydia