What About Me?

My photo
A Small Town Country Boy Trying To Survive In Todays World

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be Careful What You Say

When I was a kid my dad always at us about wasting food.

If we went out to eat pizza he would give us a bad time about leaving the crusts. His favorite saying was you know son there is a little kid in Vietnam that would give his eye teeth for that piece of crust. So we would go ahead and eat it to shut him up.

One time we had went out to a Chinese restaurant and there was a older Chinese couple there eating and when they got up to leave dad made sure to point out that their plates were cleaned up.

So to keep this story short one time I took my parents out to dinner for pizza and I had noticed that my dad was not eating his crusts. I still to this day eat my crusts because of him and the way he raised me. So it became time to leave and I told them that there was one thing that had to be taken care of first.

I looked my dad square in the eye and told him that there was little kids in (insert country here) that would give their eye teeth for his crusts right now. And I kept a straight face the whole time. He promptly started eating away at his crusts and that was when I lost it and started laughing.

I believe my mother enjoyed it more than I did.

It is what it is

Rod

8 comments:

blondie said...

Loved the cute story Rod.
But I don't eat the crust either!
Later :)

Lydia said...

That's funny!

But...I don't see the point of eating pizza unless you eat the crust.

:/

lydia

Rod said...

Hi Blondie
like I said I still eat the crust. In fact I think it is the best part.
Thanks for stopping by

Rod

Rod said...

Lydia
I agree completely but I have a friend that owns a pizza parlor and he says very few people do eat the crust!

Rod

HermitJim said...

The crust is my favorite part...but it's all good!

Rod said...

Hey Jim
Nice to see you
Yep gotta agree it's all good

Rod

Edain said...

Lol..my parents used to say that too!

Thanks for the smile and the return of some childhood memories. :)

Rod said...

Hi Edain
Well I'm glad I was not the only one that had to go through that!
Thanks for stopping by

Rod