What About Me?

My photo
A Small Town Country Boy Trying To Survive In Todays World

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today let's talk about my newfound Blogging friends.


So lets start at the begining I started out follow John at 9Planetreveiws. Don't remember how I found his blog but caught it at a time that I was looking for some help with my online adventures and he made alot of sense to me. Now John fully follows the mantra that it is his Blog and he will put on it what he damn well pleases, which is what makes him the unique individual that he is. Oh and behind that facade is a heart of gold. If you don't believe me, read his blog and you will see.


Well Johns blog led me to Judy at Blondies online Info Guide To Riches. Which is basically what it says but then you do get snippets of her life and her surroundings.


Blondie has been around the net for some time and has alot of connections so she has good insight for her proposals.


Blondies blog led me to HermitJim At Coffee With The Hermit. Now with Jims blog you don't know what you will get from day to day.


Jim Lives in a big city and wants out..badly but he is not leaving until he is prepared, so you will be able to follow him and his roomies thru his adventures with this. You will also get his veiw point on the worlds happenings with the occasional laid back blog with cartoons.


Blondies blog also led me to Missi at Obscure Labyrinth. Her blog is a mixture of mostly her present life and some business news.


Now I had been thinking about starting my own blog for some time amd Missi had one post to her blog about her childhood that really got me thinking about it. She touched me so much with that writing that I actually commented back to her.


Missi lives in Austraila so it was very interesting for me to learn about the culture and way of life there.


And not to be forgotten is my blogging buddy Lydia at Serentity Talk. Lydia talks about her life and spiritual learnings and you never can tell what it will be because as she puts it, it is a chit chat blog.


Lydia is who pushed me over the edge and got me to start blogging. I had been reading her blog on and off for about 6 months found her off of Johns site.


I met her on a social site I had joined. first one I had joined , had no idea what I was doing kept getting these freind requests so I would accept them wondering all the time what was going on. Finally had a lady post a message on my page about how you should go to the other persons page and check them out before you accept their requests so I started doing that. Got a request from Lydia to be her friend so I went to her page to check it out so look at her picture....hmmm good looking ok I'm sold, that's it you're my friend.


Well after a while I learned that people use social sites to pitch new biz ops and one day got one from Lydia. Well usually I just read and delete but she had sent one I had just joined off of Johns site so I emailed her back sorry but already had joined. Well she replied back that I should share these new ops with her so I sent a few and got her veiw point you know back and forth.


So one day I deceided to read Sernity Talks and it had been awhile so I ended up all the way on the bottom and there was her profile pic..no way that face looks familiar checked out her profile...you have got to be kidding me Lydia from the social site no way.


Well that started a whole new line of emails so now I call her my editor as she helps me with my content and spelling and grammer and total support.


So my next freind came from what you are reading my blog Edain at English, Pagen and in Canada. Ok English I know what that is and try to speak it... Pagen let's see ok Google that aww witchcraft lets go check it out... Hey this isn't bad Not at all what I thought it would be... Kinda interesting...Ok I will follow this.


Edains blog is more of a chit chat type with her beliefs and knowledge tied in. Have grown to really enjoy it.


Next was Cygnus at My Song. He found me from his uncles Jims blog. Now Cygnus has a dream and a plan and that is mainly what he blogs about. I would tell you what it is but you need to read it first hand. I believe you will find it very interesting!


So there are my online blogging friends Love them or Hate them. That's your choice.


These are the people that I have chosen to follow at this time on a daily basis. It is so exciting wondering what thier next blog will be and some you need to visit more thm once a day because they have a habit of adding to them.


Ok you have now met my friends like them or no but...

It is what it is


And they are my friends

Rod

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi Rod. What a nice post! Thanks so much, I feel special. :)

Very glad to have been a part in your decision to blog, and look how great you're doing. Just goes to prove, it's always *you* and it is *what you have made of it*.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kudos!
lydia

Rod said...

Well you did push me over the edge so to speak and I thank you for it. Has been real fun so far never thought anyone would be interested in what I had to say!

HermitJim said...

Hey Rod...thanks for the plug, my man! Glad to have you aboard the blogging bandwagon. I'm happy that Lydia pushed you overboard and led you to this adventure!

Guess I really do have a tendency to wander all over, don't I? Just following the way my mind works!

Anyway, keep up the good work, my friend! As always, the main thing is to HAVE FUN!!

Rod said...

Thanks for visiting Jim. You just keep wandering as that is a good thing.
So far it has been a blast gives me something to think about when I'm at work!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

What 'It Is' to me is..Addicting! Seriously, it is a great little loose-bound but tight-knit online community. when HermitJim mentioned blogging to me, I thought WHY ON EARTH... I didn't even like the TERM "blog"- sounds sickly. And who in their right mind wants to read what amounts to my journal? I started one, skeptically; mostly pagan stuff, Irish folklore, etc.
It's really taken on a life of it's own...shaped in big part by others in the "blogosphere". Guess you know that! Or will soon learn.
Your theme is great; I loveyour story-telling!
Keep up the writing; I'll be by regularly!
(Sorry so long; I should get my owm blog, huh? Hey, wait!..)

Rod said...

Cygnus buddy thanks for stopping by! It has amazed me that anyone would like my blog. I am truly amazed that I have any followers at all.