What About Me?

My photo
A Small Town Country Boy Trying To Survive In Todays World

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Little Humor

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.

One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, 'Now don't get mad at me....I know we've been friends for a long time.....but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is.' Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her.

Finally she said, 'How soon do you need to know?'



THE SENILITY PRAYER
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

It is what it is

Rod

8 comments:

Carol Ayers said...

FABULOUS! Love it! Thanks for the smile.

Rod said...

Carol
Thanks for stopping by.

Rod

HermitJim said...

Very good story, Rod. Glad my eyesight is still that good!

Have a great day!

Rod said...

Jim
I glad for that also.
Starting to have the name problem though.
Thanks for stopping by.
Rod

Lydia said...

That's great made me laugh so much and NOT because I'm near that age ;)

I also think I like your version of the Serenity prayer better - makes more sense at a certain age. :)

Thanks for the laugh!
:)
lydia

Rod said...

Lydia

Serenity prayer? yeah I guess it does fit at your age!

Rod

Lydia said...

I don't think I like you anymore.

Kidding. Maybe...

Yes, that's the Serenity Prayer with different words.

:)
lydia

Rod said...

Lydia
Just could not pass on that one ;)

Rod